Sunday, October 31, 2010

Charity Walk in support of World Hunger Relief 2010

I mentioned about this event before in my previous post. To recall back, please click HERE for the participation details.

On this particular nice evening, 7 million of people gather in front of the Istana Kehakiman, Presint 3, Putrajaya for the same purpose. Not to race, not to win. But just to STEP OUT, STOP HUNGER.
Kudos to KFC, Pizza Hut, Rasamas and WFP for making it a grand one. And for the 7 million participants including me, you are GREAT!

This is the place where new record is made for the most participants in charity walk and the most donation for the event.

A big stage is set for speech-giving, performance and many more.

I am proud to say that I am one of the persons to be the movement. I thought that I would be able to jog but it's kind of weird if everyone is enjoying the walk while you are the only person who are rushing to the finishing point. So just follow the rules. Walk the movement.

We give. That's the slogan for the event. GIVE AND HELP SAVE LIVES.

We are fortunate to be born in a nation full of resources, peace without war and economically stable. Most of us don't really experience hunger. Sometimes, we would keep on complaining about the food and would make it like a headline whenever having less meal or without eating anything. Sometimes, we really need to slow down our path and think. This bless will not belong to us forever if we don't really care about it. We should appreciate it. Really appreciate it without any wasting. When we have more than we need, we give!

We are caring species...

Overall, I think this event is nice with all the friends would be gathering around doing the same good deed to flush of the sins that we created. (haha...not really that serious) But it's nice to do good deed. The last thing I would say is the RM20 of donation is worth for us as participants, maybe we even get more than what we paid. The enjoy part is we did gather around and fool around throughout the whole event. That's what we care.

2 comments:

ah bird said...

7million or 7thousand ? 7million I think the whole Putrajaya will sink.

Good deed ? Milk *ahem-ahem* ?

Long time didn't say this, but
I'm 1st.

LUCKY_STRIKE_14 said...

7 juta onli meh? reali bo? so few meh?

Yeah..the milk all EXPIRED alredi. Help them not 2 waste food and get food poisoning. No problem for me. Is me for the whole world.

thanks for being the 1st.