Tuesday, October 26, 2010

World’s Coolest Intern

I am now a final year student in one of the private university in Malaysia. Do you all know about Multimedia University (Cyberjaya)? Oh...ok...It's ok if you haven't hear of it before. That's the place where I have spent my 3 year for my tertiary education and I still have one more year to go.

During last semester, most of my classmates and coursemates went for their internships. I didn't go as I would like to make it to the final semester of my degree. When they were back for this semester, I took the opportunity to get opinions from them.

Which company pay the most salary?
Which company have the best working environment?
Which company provide the best place to learn?
Which company has the best employer?
.
.
.
.
All the questions started with a "Which"...

Besides, they also gave me me a lot of advice regarding how to be a 'good' trainee for the internship in a company.

After gathering all the feedbacks, it's my turn to really think on what I want and what I wish to gain during my internship programme. Besides, I am lucky to have the chance to visit to one of the telco company in Malaysia which its theme is YELLOW (I guess you know which company I mean right?)

This is the surroundings in the company...





I was "wow"...I personally think that the company is great and the working environment is awesome.

Recently, I noticed from Nuffnang bulletin update with the title "Be The World's Coolest Intern With Standard Chartered Bank". I was totally attracted by it.

Standard Chartered Bank is on the lookout for the ‘World’s Coolest Intern’ to join the Breeze mobile banking team in Singapore. If Tweetdeck and Facebook are the first things to greet you in the morning and the last things you say good night to, you’re exactly the type of person they’re looking for!

Curious to know what’s in store? It’s nothing short of impressive:
- A 6-month internship programme with total remuneration of SGD30,000
- Perks includes training on social media and online engagement from Standard Chartered’s esteemed partners

What I see here is OPPORTUNITY~!!!

Am I cool enough for this???

1) Once I wake up everyday, no doubt I will be opening a BOOK and start Tweeting. That's it - Facebook and Tweeter.
2) It's already for years I put myself in a safe zone - campus. It's time for me to walk out of it and accept all the challenges out there in the world. Face the reality.
3) I would like to have my intern in the coolest place in earth. Yes,~!!! Let me see it with my naked eyes. How cool is coolest?
4) Even it's cooler than anything in earth, I can adopt to changes in no time.
5) You want young blood? Is 22nd considered as young for you?
6) Money is not everything but somehow remuneration for SGD 30,000 is definitely a great motivation for me.
7) Long life learning is always my policy. So new stuff and knowledge is always something I am eager for.
8) I would always put myself in front line in everything especially about media updates. Yeah. Up to date. That's what I mean.
9) I was born with something that I can't get rid of until now - CONFIDENCE.

Last but not least...

My mum believes in me~!!!

2 comments:

Admin said...

Hi! You are definitely someone to watch out for this competition! You have the drive, the bare talents and you seem to be very determined in whatever goal you may focus your eyes into. I have just written my piece with the hopes of getting picked for the opportunity and I really hope that we would both stand a great chance. Best of luck to both of us!

Jonha

LUCKY_STRIKE_14 said...

Jonha, thanks for your compliment. I am just trying my luck here. There's a great competition for this competition out there. Anyhow, all the best to us. Good luck!!!

~Luckystrike~